The first annual Transformative Knowledge Workshop took place from 17 to 19 November 2014 in Potsdam, Germany. The overarching aim of the workshop was to lay the foundation for the global Transformations Knowledge Base that is being developed through the Transformations to Sustainability Programme.
The workshop brought together the successful applicants from the seed funding phase with experts on transformative research and Steering Committee members. The first physical meeting of the Steering Committee took place at this workshop.
The specific aims of the workshop were to:
- Bring existing knowledge, theory, insights and inspiration to Transformations Programme proposals in development;
- Establish an initial basis of what we know about transformation in the context of global environmental change and sustainability, so we can assess progress in pushing forward the knowledge frontiers through internationally comparative research over the course of the Transformations Programme;
- Create a multi-disciplinary conversation among participants and provide an opportunity to explore research conducted in an inter- and trans-disciplinary way;
- Immerse participants in the interconnected challenges of transformation, global change and sustainability;
- Introduce potential and confirmed donors/funders to the Transformations Programme.
List of participants
Many of the presentations from the workshop are available here.